Saturday, March 17, 2012

New cushion covers

The fabric I bought online are so nice! At first I thought they were too stiff but after I washed them they became very soft. Yesterday I began to make the first cover and I decided to use an invisible zipper. It was easier than I thought and I used this video tutorial to see how to attach it.

Here are some photos:

Zipper attached to fabric by hand

Invisible zipper foot in action

It does get invisible!

I decided to use bias tape to finish the zipper edges.

Another foot in action, the bias tape foot (it's adjustable, so I can use several bias tape width with it)


 
 I'll show the finished cover when I make all of them :) I think I'll use some regular zipper in the next, so I can practice how to sew the lapped zipper!

No comments:

Post a Comment